|Appearances|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
|Abilities|| Electric Bolt |
|Catchphrase||Ride the Lightning!|
 Promotional Backstory
Zap was born into the royal family of water dragons, but a riptide washed him to a distant sea, where he was raised by electric eels. Growing up, he excelled in everything and even created a special gold harness that allows him to carry an endless electrical charge and shock things at a great distance. Zap also proved to be a gifted racer, outstripping any opponent... with the possible exception of the dolphins. With them, it became a good natured challenge to see who could keep up with Zap. But an electric current in his wake often reminded them who they were dealing with. Despite his mischievous streak, Zap grew to be a true protector of the seas and Skylands.
'* Statistics are placed by lowest possible stat to highest possible stat
- Hit Points: 260-520
- Speed: 50-98
- Armor: 24-54
- Critical Hit: 30-80
- Elemental Power: 25-75
 Basic Upgrades
These are the first upgrades for Zap that he comes with:
- Lightning Breath: Zap spews electrical volts from his jaws.
- 'Sea Slime Slide: Zap slides on a sea-slime trail that he leaves behind. Enemies will become slower once they touch it.
 Standard Upgrades
- Electro-Slime: Zap can electrify his sea-slime trail to injure enemies that step in it.
- 'Stay Awhile: Zap's electrified sea-slime lasts longer and enemies become slower when caught in it.
- MegaVolt Zap's lightning breath does more damage due to a tank with a better capacity.
- 'Wave Rider: Zap can summon and/or ride a wave that crashes into enemies and does damage.
 Tesla Dragon Path
- 'Lightning Strikes Twice: Lightning spewed from Zap's jaws bounce off of enemies, walls, and items, before vanishing.
- Electric Wave: Zap's Wave becomes electrified when used, doing more damage than usual.
- Tesla Storm: Lightning Breath attack does maximum damage.
 Slime Serpent Path
- Strength in Numbers: Zap is able to make more than one sea-slime at a time.
- Charged in Punishment: Zap automatically electrifies all sea-slime trails.
- More Electro'd Slime: When enemies are sucked into Zap's sea-slimes, they do more damage than normal.
 Soulgem Attack
- Love For the Sea: Zap automatically regenerates lost health in water.
 Wow Pow
- For Riley!: While riding a wave, press the secondary attack button to make a major splash.
 In-game Quotes
- "Ride the Lightniiinng!" – Main catchphrase.
- "Ahhh, home at last!" - opening a Water Elemental Zone in Giants
- "Oh boy! Success!"
- “Hiiigh voltage!"
- “Poweeer Surge!"
- “Charging up!" - when checking stats
- “Oh, impressive numbers!" - checking stats
- "Very stylish. I like it!" - when given a hat
- "Oh, nice hat! Is it waterproof? Haha!"
- "It's surfing time!"
- "Feel the electricityyy!"
- "Ha, excellent!"
- "Victory is mine!""
- “Ahh, all that treasure!"
- "I'll just slip on by!" - When opening a Water Elemental gate in Giants
- "Up high!" - When using a Bounce Pad
- "Yeeesss!" - When using a bounce pad
- "Zoom!" When using a bounce pad
- "A buzz with a name." - when given a nickname
- “Oh, sensational choice." when given a nickname
- Zap's Lightning Breath, when on a downward-facing angle, may not work right. He shares this glitch with Spyro, Cynder, and several other Skylanders.
- The name for Zap's new Giants Wow-Pow upgrades has gotten fans thinking over who Riley could be. Riley is a male or female name, so the name could be a reference to a water dragon he remembers from his family, or the name of an eel that is in his adoptive family. Alternatively, this could also be the name of a character Zap has a crush on or someone he has lost.
- Zap's feet disappear below the ground on rising elevations. He shares this with all other dragon Skylanders.
- In the Skylanders pilot trailer, “The Beginning,” in the Director's Cut version, Zap has a brief cameo appearance next to Eruptor and Flameslinger. He blasts a few enemies with his Lightning Breath attack before wildly looking around for other enemies to fight.
- Zap's battle cry, “Ride the Lightniiiing!”, may be a reference to his Wow-Pow attack “For Riley!”, where he rides the electrified wave and then can make a huge splash. Again, this leaves fans wondering just who Riley is, especially considering his catchphrase may have something in common with his Wow-Pow ability.
- Zap is very close friends with Gill Grunt, as shown in Gill Grunt and the Curse of the Fish Master visual novel. He is quick to defend the gillman against Grimmslobber's taunts.
- The emerald green orb on the center of his chest appears to be a reference to the Iron Man series power suit, and looks much like the suit's power core. Drobot also appears to have this reference, with the lit core on his back.
- Though it is said the tanks on his back provide Zap with electricity, it is unknown how it travels to his mouth. Although, in his character trailer videos, Zap appears to get shocked by the tanks, which may mean that he is shocked every few seconds, giving him a momentary power to shoot electricity.
- Zap always speaks with a gurgled tone, as though he has water in his mouth.
- In-game, Zap's eyes are yellow. In his promotional images, his eyes are red. On his figures, his eyes are orange. Sonic Boom and other Skylanders have their eye color mixed up as well, but none as bad as Zap's.