|Appearances|| Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |
Skylanders: Cloud Patrol
Skylanders: Swap Force
Skylanders: Spyro Versus the Mega Monsters (mentioned)
|Abilities|| Spectral Lightning |
|Catchphrase||Volts and Lightning!|
 Reboot From Legend of Spyro Series
Cynder was an evil dark dragoness which terrorized the Dragon Realms under Malefor's control. She was saved by Spyro in a battle (The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning) and felt extremely guilty for her sins. She fights and tries harder than any other Skylander to prove she has turned good, but her cocky personality makes many doubt her. So others stay away fro her... just in case.
 Promotional Backstory
While just an egg, Cynder was stolen by the henchmen of an evil dragon named Malefor and raised to do his bidding. For years, she spread fear throughout the land until she was defeated by Spyro the Dragon and freed from the grip of Malefor. But dark powers still flow through her, and despite her desire to make amends for her past, most Skylanders try to keep a safe distance… just in case.
Throughout all six of her in-game appearances, Cynder has given the most reason to be believed that she and Spyro may have a serious relationship. Two of her in-game quotes appear related to Spyro, and at the end of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, she tells Spryo she loves him.
'* Statistics are placed by lowest possible stat to highest possible stat
- Hit Points: 260-520
- Speed: 43-91
- Armor: 18-48
- Critical Hit: 30-80
- Elemental Power: 39-89
 Basic Upgrades
These are the first upgrades for Cynder that she comes with:
- Spectral Lightning: Cynder releases a vicious dark lightning bolt from her jaws.
- Shadow Dash: Cynder turns to shadow and dashes forward, leaving a trail of transparent but damaging ghosts in her wake.
 Standard Upgrades
- Cynder Flight: Pressing the secondary attack button, Cynder can hover over the ground and fly over certain things. Increased speed and armor while flying.
- Black Lightning: Cynder's Spectral Lightning grows even darker, making it more powerful.
- Double Spooky!: Ghosts Cynder leaves after using Shadow Dash become deadlier, causing them to cause more damage.
- Shadow Reach: Shadow Dash range is increased.
 Nether Wielder
- Unstable Forces: Cynder's ghosts become heavily unstable and explode upon contact with her Black Lightning.
- Breath Control: Cynder can hold her Spectral Lightning attack longer due to increased lung capacity.
- Breath of Power: Cynder's Black Lightning reaches farther and can be held longer, damaging multiple enemies faster.
- Death Bound: Enemies hit with ghosts move slower, as if they know death is coming.
- Ghost Haunter: Ghosts stay longer and attack a wider range.
- Shadow Strike: Cynder's Shadow Dash attack itself damaged enemies.
- Haunted Ally: A ghost floats nearby Cynder at all times, protecting her from unwanted dangers.
- Lightning Rain: While flying, press the secondary attack button to unleash a furious lightning storm!
 In-game Quotes
- "Volts and Lightning!" – Main catchphrase.
- "Leading the charge!"
- “Fully charged!"
- "All charged up!"
- “No rest for the wicked!"
- “Time for trouble!"
- “Born to scorch!"
- "Never stood a chance!"
- “Hehe, I'm to die for!"
- "I'd tell you nice try, but it wasn't!"
- "I'm wicked, so what?"
- "This is my kind of place!" - when opening an Undead elemental zone in Giants
- "You call that a challenge?"
- "My power will haunt you!" - when checking Cynder's statistical screen.
- “Shocking abilities, aren't they?"
- “Power is scary!" - when getting upgraded
 Commercial Quotes
- “I've heard that they can literally smash holes in the ground. I don't believe it! YOU show ME a pig that can fly, I'LL show YOU a giant that can smash a hole in the ground!” – Giants E3 commercial
- "I don't think so!” – The Beginning trailer
- "Whoa!” – Giants E3 commercial
- “Pop Fizz, enough with the soda.” Giants E3 commercial
- Cynder's Spectral Lightning, when on a downward-facing angle, may not work right. She shares this glitch with Spyro, Zap, and several other Skylanders.
- Cynder's shout-out, “All charged up!”, appears to be an adaptation of Spyro's catchphrase “All Fired Up!”. To fans, this may be a clue to the fact that she and Spyro do indeed share some sort of relationship.
- Cynder's feet disappear below the ground on rising elevations. She shares this with all other dragon Skylanders.
- Cynder appeared in all of the Legend of Spyro games, making her feature in six games in total, including all three Skylanders games.
- At the end of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, Cynder whispers to Spyro "I love you," and then credits will play. Once in Skylands, it is unknown whether she and Spyro have a serious relationship or not.
- Cynder's Haunted Ally will attack sheep if they get close enough to her. It will also attack Giant Skylanders, most notably Hot Head for an unknown reason.
- Though it says in her biography that most other Skylanders fear her and avoid her, in the Skylanders: Giants E3 commercial, the other Skylanders appear to be perfectly comfortable in her presence.
- In the Skylanders pilot trailer, “The Beginning,” in the Director's Cut version, she saves Gill Grunt from being killed by a lynx-like creature by carrying him off, saying, “I don't think so!” . It is possible that this has caused Gill Grunt to spread the word that Cynder is a good Skylander, possibly boosting her popularity ratings with other Skylanders.
- Cynder and Spyro's animations, when entering an Elemental Zone in Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, are the only ones different from the ones they enter the Portal of Power with.
- Cynder's personality, as shown in her quotes, appears to say that she has an over-confident personality but may be secretly insecure. This was explored more deeply in her previous game The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.
- Cynder's battle cry, “Born to scorch!”, may be a reference to her abilities in her previous appearance in the Legend of Spyro series, where she could breathe fire, just like Spyro. Or, this could also be another reference to a possible relationship with Spyro.
- The markings on her head are the "Brand of the Undead" left on her by Malefor.